[c-nsp] Best bang for the buck in L2TP devices

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Mon Aug 10 15:52:53 EDT 2009

So I'm running unencrypted L2TP back to my colo and currently have
about 300 clients terminated to a 3825.  Anyone have a good feeling
for what the best bang for the buck would be to scale that up to 5000?

I am looking at the ASA 5540s, but even Cisco pre-sales doesn't seem
to be able to tell me how many L2TP connections they support, whether
the AnyConnect essentials licensing is what is needed for L2TP, etc,
etc.

Thanks,
Daryl