[c-nsp] VSS Best Practices

Ivan cisco-nsp at itpro.co.nz
Mon Aug 10 16:15:36 EDT 2009

Thanks for the reply.  I am aware of three options for dual active detection
*Enhanced PAgP - requires selected switches with specific IOS versions
on the other end to work
*BFD
*Fast Hello

I understand that if using ePAgP as the dual active detection method
then running PAgP on channels is required.  Not everyone will select
this method (I have selected Fast Hello).

I don't believe the section of the best practice guide below relates
directly to dual-active detection as LACP is presented as a recommended
option.  Any other ideas for why explicit trunks are not recommend are
welcome.

Ivan