[c-nsp] Linux Com Driver to Modem on Cisco Terminal Server

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Aug 11 12:51:28 EDT 2009

> I use "cu" - looks to be a lot like "tip"
>
> http://www.computerhope.com/unix/ucu.htm

Per the E-mail, the issue is that I need things like HylaFax and other
commercial software that relies on direct access to the /dev/tty device to
access a modem on a remote Cisco box..

Minicom, CU, all of that is great, but I can't have Hylafax use Minicom to
communicate w/ a remote modem.

I need a driver that appears to be a serial port on the Linux box, that is
connected to a remote modem on the Cisco so that proprietary software can
communicate w/ the modem as if it were locally attached.