[c-nsp] ASA 5505 stops servicing inbound connections

Holemans Wim wim.holemans at ua.ac.be
Tue Aug 11 16:35:44 EDT 2009

Look in the log files for the following error :
<160>Aug 01 2009 15:29:49: %ASA-0-716528: Unexpected fiber scheduler error; possible out-of-memory condition

This kills our asa's (running version 8) on a regular basis (once a month), reload is the only way to resolve this. We have a case open for this, but without any good respons from cisco yet.

Wim Holemans
Network Services
University of Antwerp