[c-nsp] Cisco 6509-E & WiSM - OIR

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 12 14:49:40 EDT 2009

> > Personally, I've never had any problems,  [..]
>
> Personally, I think that this is all folklore from the 7500 times...

*Personally* I have never had a problem.

However, I *have* seen a bus reset/hang on a 6500 OIR
when a card was inserted by former colleague.  His
memory about whether he inserted it quickly, slowly,
partially in and then pulled back out, or whatever,
was a little imprecise after the experience.

Given the number of 6500 OIRs I have participated
in, it is by experiment statistically hard to get
wrong, but some people do manage some of the time.
(I do not have enough statistics to determine if
we can qualify particular people as being special,
but I do have some anecdotal evidence.)

Gary