[c-nsp] OT: Difference between the CSS and ACE

Felix Nkansah felixnkansah at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:42:58 EDT 2009

Hi Team,
Pardon me if this question seems dumb. I have deployed a number of Cisco
Content Services Switches for clients who needed Layer 4-7 application load
balancing and acceleration for their web-based applications in the data
centre.

I am presently reviewing the datasheet of the Cisco Application Control
Engine and find its role to be similar to the CSS.

Under what scenarios or requirements would one prefer the ACE to the CSS? In
what way is the ACE different from the CSS?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Felix