[c-nsp] Open Source Substitute for Cisco's Secure ACS?

Kaegler, Mike KaeglerM at tessco.com
Thu Aug 13 10:25:12 EDT 2009

Assuming you're using TACACS+ to handle this, since radius servers are
everywhere...

I've been using tac_plus from
http://www.pro-bono-publico.de/projects/tac_plus.html (there appear to be
several projects named "tac_plus", this was the first one to work well for
me.) As an added bonus, the author was happy and eager to help squash a bug
I ran into.
It'll backend to ldap, radius, or keep a local database. Supports all three
A's.
-porkchop

On 8/13/09 9:46 AM, "M Callahan" <lists at motorcitynet.com> wrote:

> We're currently using a very dated version of Cisco's Secure ACS to
> authenticate a relatively small group of PPPoE ADSL users.  We have a
> planned hardware upgrade for this system, but no funding for updated ACS
> software.  That said, I was wondering what open source alternatives folks on
> the list have found to be an adequate substitute for ACS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Michael Kaegler, TESSCO Technologies: Engineering, 410 229 1295
Your wireless success, nothing less. http://www.tessco.com/