[c-nsp] Question for PA OC3 guru?

Security Team cisco at peakpeak.com
Fri Aug 14 15:26:21 EDT 2009

I have a telco that wants to hand me an OC3 on which there will be 3 DS3's,
all doing different things. One will be a clear channel (pt-pt) DS3, one
will contain 28 T1's in the DS1 time slots of the DS3, and one will be
unused for the time being.

I want to buy a PA card to use in a 7200VXR and found the single-mode fiber
one PA-POS-OC3SMI.  My question is will this card allow me to take the T1
timeslots of the #2 DS3 and use them like I do elsewhere in a PC-MC-T3 card?
Ala:
!
! 1 Channelized T3 port(s)
!
controller T3 1/0/0
 t1 1 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24
 t1 2 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24
 t1 3 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24
Etc.etc.

If I can use DS3 #1 as a pt-pt serial interface and DS3 #2 as a Chan. DS3
for T1's that would be awesome, that's what I'm looking for. I want to stay
away from getting a separate MUX to break the OC3 down into DS3's to feed to
separate PA cards if I can help it.

Thanks,
CJ