[c-nsp] Bridge devices - ARP takeover

Ross Halliday ross at wtccommunications.ca
Fri Aug 14 14:53:23 EDT 2009

I see this happening all the time with cheaper wireless gear. A lot of
802.11-based stuff (Tranzeo comes to mind...) will take over ARP and
sometimes even do MAC NAT, which as you can imagine really breaks PPPoE
and makes troubleshooting a pain.

As a poor man's wireless backhaul the Tranzeo junk has a "PxP" mode of
operation which disables this behaviour and turns it from an AP & CPE
pair into a PTP link that just passes frames all day. Perhaps this is
applicable to your equipment as well?

Cheers

---
Ross Halliday