[c-nsp] TCP throughput /WAN delay simulation with back to back routers

Ryan Wilkins ryan at deadfrog.net
Wed Aug 19 17:07:42 EDT 2009

You can also look at <http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Net:Netem>.

I use Netem to simulate satellite delay.  My configured delays are
about 265 ms each way with 2 ms of variation.  Works really well and
support is compiled directly recent Ubuntu Linux versions and probably
many others as well.  I used a single box with 802.1q support on it
and a couple of VLANs configured in bridging mode so the Linux box is
just transparent to the devices under test.  Use a VLAN trunking
capable switch to break out the VLANs to as many devices as you need.

Regards,

Ryan Wilkins