[c-nsp] TCP throughput /WAN delay simulation with back to back routers

Ian Henderson ianh at ianh.net.au
Wed Aug 19 23:22:38 EDT 2009

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Thilak T wrote:

> I am trying to test TCP throughput with different variables. I want to
> simulate a delay of aprox 45msec between two test PCs connected two bat
> to back routers . How do we introduce an artificial delay where in the
> actual delay is on 2-3 msec.Using cisco routers.?

Riverbed introduced us to the Network Nightmare www.networknightmare.net.
Its a neat little appliance using the FreeBSD dummynet stuff, without
having to maintain it. Incredibly easy to use, although its pricey if
you've got the time/expertise to setup dummynet.

Their website is truly awful, but ordering/delivery was fast/easy.

Rgds,

- I.