[c-nsp] MST and Uplinkfast

Andy Saykao andy.saykao at staff.netspace.net.au
Thu Aug 27 03:06:00 EDT 2009

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply...

With MST deployed across our network now, the access layer switches take
20-30seconds before they start switching traffic via the redundant link.
Prior to this we were using PVST+ and with uplinkfast enabled on these
access layer switches, once the primary link failed, the redundant
linked kicked in straight away (drop one packet). Is MST suppose to
switch traffic almost instantly or is this 20-30sec delay a "normal"
thing???

Thanks.

Andy