[c-nsp] IPV6 in general was Re: Large networks

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 08:28:22 EDT 2009

While I agree the dearth of RA/DNS support is annoying, in all reality the
environments that we are talking about aren't "v6 only".
Atleast, the environments I work in, that is.
They still have v4 (even if RFC19181/NATed), and can rely on DHCP(v4) to get
DNS (and other) information and SLAAC can and does work for v6 addressing.

Is this ideal?  Of course not, but I'd rather it not be mis-represented as
totally dysfunctional.
Please, push vendors to get RA+DNS (RFC5006) supported on router and host
platforms.

/TJ