[c-nsp] VPN Auditing

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Aug 27 11:35:41 EDT 2009

Hi folks...

We have a site that runs a Cisco 2800 with a IOS VPN server.  Users connect
via their Cisco VPN clients to gain access to an internal network there...

I would like to start auditing it a bit more and have a way to tell who
logged in and when.  Is this difficult?  I've searched around and found more
complex things that can be accomplished but currently the security policy
only permits user authentication auditing.  The users are currently
authenticated off a local configuration - would moving them to Radius make
more sense or can I do this with builtin usernames?

Best regards,

Paul