[c-nsp] Large networks

Thu Aug 27 12:32:30 EDT 2009

> With the number of virtual servers most of us are hosting you would run
> out of
> VLAN's very quickly.  What I do is static route subnets to host nodes and
> let
> the host nodes do the L3 work.  This takes care of MAC address conflicts,
> spoofing, and many other problems.

So you still carve out a subnet for each vps? For me that didnt make sense
to do because now each customer gets 4 ips (/30) and it seames like a waist
of space.   a vps with 40 nodes with consume 2/3's of a /24.  With IPv6 i
guess it wouldnt matter :)  I was just trying to do my best to save ips.
ebtables acts as a ACL on the edge interface.

~Shaun