[c-nsp] IPV6 in general was Re: Large networks

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Thu Aug 27 13:00:35 EDT 2009

I have GSR's that don't (and probably will never) support v6-HSRP/VRRP
or weighted RA's so I kludged it by anycasting the gateway address from
my two core routers.  It's not pretty, but it does work, albeit it takes
about 20 seconds to fail over.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.9
 encapsulation dot1Q 9
 ip address <v4 address>