[c-nsp] MST and Uplinkfast

Lincoln Dale ltd at cisco.com
Thu Aug 27 22:07:22 EDT 2009

On 28/08/2009, at 9:18 AM, Andy Saykao wrote:
> I have noticed that with MST and rapid failover that those ports which
> are not boundary ports or do not have portfast enabled go through the
> blocking, listening and learning states again before forwarding.

whether its PVRST+ or MST used, you should always mark your 'edge'
port correctly as being 'edge' such that they are operating as
"portfast" with "bpduguard".

it sounds like you have edge ports configured as "network" ports - so
the system HAS to wait for the "forwarding delay".
since you're saying that is 30 seconds not 15 seconds, that implies
the system is falling back to legacy (802.1D-2004) behavior.

cheers,

lincoln.