[c-nsp] Data VLAN/Voice VLAN

Bill Blackford BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us
Fri Aug 28 19:52:23 EDT 2009

If you are using 3560's, this has been my experience as well. If you are unfortunate enough to be using 3550XL's, then the whole game is different.

The 3550XL way:

interface FastEthernet0/5
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk native vlan 68
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport voice vlan 66
 switchport priority extend cos 0
 spanning-tree portfast

The data vlan has to be indicated as native.

Again, this has been my experience.

-b