[c-nsp] Migrate 6500 to 7600

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Sat Aug 29 15:03:13 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 19:50 +0100, Mateusz Blaszczyk wrote:
> Any surprises with MAC changes,

MAC addresses for SVIs are supplied by the chassis so they change.
L3-interfaces get their MAC address from the module.

Also the STP bridge ID changes, since it's also the "base MAC address".

>  ifindex changes?

I think, but am not sure, that the "ifindex persist" in configuration
and the resulting persistent data on flash will survive between
chassis'.

When we have swapped things like this we have always completely
redefined the device, i.e. new name, new entries in
management/measurement tools et cetera. Running SXF means there's a
great deal of service alignment between the two platforms (if not
complete), but I personally wouldn't consider swapping chassis to a
different model a simple "replacement" task.

Regards,
Peter