[c-nsp] IPV6 in general was Re: Large networks

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 07:41:54 EDT 2009

FWIW - I wouldn't use fe80::1 on all router interfaces.  Yes, you can do it
(unless you have two router on one link, they couldn't both have fe80::1 on
the same link).

While I do agree with manually setting the link-local addresses, I prefer a
"more meaningful" address.
Something that indicate the router and link in question, so in a overly
simple case - router 23's interface on VLAN37 could be something like:
	Fe80::23:37
... this (or some derivative) makes troubleshooting easier later on ....

/TJ