[c-nsp] Troubleshooting High CPU

David Warner davidwarner1975 at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 31 17:46:16 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Just wondering if I can get some advice. We have two routers in a HSRP active/standby pair. If ones reloads then the CPU on the other hits 100% and crashes. The only way we can recover this is for a field engineer to pull all the Ethernet cables out and then, when system is calm, repatch them. We access the device via VTY so struggling to actually get any commands in to troubleshoot as per the Cisco 'Troubleshooting High CPU Utilization' doc as the CPU spikes .

Any advice on best way to progress this?

Regards, David