[c-nsp] ASA authentication using a self signed cert?

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Tue Dec 1 17:34:26 EST 2009

Hi all,
    I'm using a pair of ASA 5520 devices to provide VPN services to end
users using the Cisco VPN client on mostly Windows XP and Mac laptops. I've
been using the following link as a starting point.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008092d8f1.shtml

I'm not sure how to make this work with self signed certs though.  I did
some googling but nothing seemed to match my needs.  Does anyone have a good
pointer for configuring certificate authentication using a self-signed cert?
Is it as simple as executing the steps in the Cisco doc and using openssl to
self sign my own certificate request?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott