[c-nsp] Quick 6500/Sup2/MSFC2 question...

Chris Scott chrisjscott at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 12:03:48 EST 2009

Hi Jeff

2009/12/3 Jeff Kell <jeff-kell at utc.edu>:
> Can you determine the MSFC2 RAM size in a standby supervisor?

On my mix of Sup2/MSFC2s running 12.2(18)SXD7b and 12.2(18)SXF15a I
have "remote command standby-rp sho ver" that does the trick.

> All of the "remote command" options I've tried seem to be giving me the
> PFC, not MSFC2; and any typical session/console to the standby sup of
> course gives me the 'standby console disabled' message.

IIRC "remote command mod 2 sho ver" (mod 1 active, mod 2 standby hot
for SSO) gives me the standby SP RAM.

> The active Sup2 was replaced awhile back and has a newer serial number,
> apparently part of the "factory-supplied 512Mb" series.  The standby is
> older and not sure if it shipped with 256 or 512...   Would rather not
> failover at the moment to find out for certain...

Definitely.  Failover to satisfy curiosity on a production system is a
bit far.  The fact they're running in failover suggests their spec
can't be too different or IOS *hopefully* would have moaned :)

Cheers
--
Chris