[c-nsp] Cisco VPN Client 5.x certificate import question

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Wed Dec 9 18:37:19 EST 2009

Hi All,
I'm trying to configure certificate based authentication using ASA 5520
hardware and the 5.x VPN client.
I select import, point to the file and click ok which gives me the
successfully installed message.  Next, I restart the client, select the
certificates tab and show certs and I see my cert as option 4.  However,
when I try to create the connection I do not see the cert appear in the
list.  When I click on the cert in the show certs display and select verify
I get an error 32 and when I try to connect I receive an error 31 although
it does look like it imported.  Have I missed a step?

I'm using the example documentation at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008092d8f1.shtml
I also am using a Microsoft CA that we're testing internally.  What am I
missing?  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott