[c-nsp] IOS Upgrade to SXI3

Chris Scott chrisjscott at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:10:56 EST 2009

2009/12/11 Bautista, Noel <nbautista at cts.ucla.edu>:
> I'd appreciate any feedback from those people who have upgraded to SXI3, in modular or otherwise.

Death of a Sup720-3B prompted me to jump from SXD3 to SXI3 on the
replacement.  Took my config and retained desired function with no
issues.  Running EIGRP to my distribution, OSPF with some very HA
servers, FWSM on 3.2(13) and one VRF-Lite instance to separate the L3
across the FWSM.  Will be running BGP in the VRF in the new year.
We're a Campus network and are seldom bitten by bugs as our change
delta is small by comparison to SPs that turn up and down customers
regularly.

I'll 2nd Ian in saying that the collective wisdom of this list has
made me disregard modular IOS as a production-ready technology.

Cheers

--
Chris