[c-nsp] ASA 5520, unable to find matching cert with digital key usage

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Fri Dec 11 16:12:22 EST 2009

Hi, I'm getting the following error and I've popped it in to do a search but
I'm not finding much and not understanding what I did find.

    The background: I am using ASA 5520 hardware.  I am trying to create a
trust point for certificate based authentication.  I create the enrollment
request with out issue, submit it to our CA server and receive the new cert.
I've generated the keys and everything happens error free until I go to
import the new cert.  I first authenticate the trust point with the CA cert
which seems to be error free but when I do a
#crypto ca import "trust-point-name" certificate
and paste the cert I receive the "can't find certificate with digital key
usage" error.  When googling all it says is to set key options but doesn't
explain what that means or what options.  What am I missing?  Any pointers
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Scott