[c-nsp] Is annual reloads of Cisco 6500 necessary

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Dec 12 23:14:42 EST 2009

> What is the logic/reason behind this advice from Cisco.

It's just pure nonsense.  Any Cisco personnel who spout this are grossly mistaken, and lack actual operational experience.

I tried to get the deeply flawed Cisco document which 'recommends' this illogical and operationally unsound practice destroyed and reputidated several times, but because of internal politics, I wasn't able to get it killed; some egos and even promotions were tied up in producing the document in question (the factual accuracy of the document didn't matter, just the fact that it was 'finished' according to the planned production schedule).

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken