[c-nsp] Loopback/VLAN question

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Dec 15 13:19:07 EST 2009

I have several uniquely numbered 802.1q tagged links coming into a Cisco
7609-S (12.2(33)SRB3) on a single physical port.  I would like to use the
same group of subnets for each VLAN and I tried using loopbacks but it
doesn't work.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

interface Loopback 2
 ip dhcp relay information trusted
 ip dhcp relay information option-insert none
 ip dhcp relay information policy-action keep
 ip address a.b.c.1 255.255.255.0
 ip address a.b.d.1 255.255.255.0 secondary
 ip address a.b.e.1 255.255.255.0 secondary
 ip helper-address w.x.y.z
 arp timeout 300

interface Vlan10
 ip unnumbered loopback 2
 ip dhcp relay information trusted
 ip dhcp relay information option-insert none
 ip dhcp relay information policy-action keep
 ip helper-address w.x.y.z

interface Vlan11
 ip unnumbered loopback 2
 ip dhcp relay information trusted
 ip dhcp relay information option-insert none
 ip dhcp relay information policy-action keep
 ip helper-address w.x.y.z

interface GigabitEthernet1/1
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q