[c-nsp] FWSM logging problem

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at cisco.com
Wed Dec 16 18:13:31 EST 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Tony Varriale wrote:

>> gets the ACL exploded so much that it does not fit into the network
>> processors anymore - then the previously compiled version is being used -
>> but generally you get a pretty prominent warning about that.
>
> Nope...NP was fine.  How we found it was the ACE not getting hits.  So, we
> then added an ACE next below the one that was getting passed over and it
> would get hit.  Obviously this actually added to the size :)

No, if you'd hit the size limitation you'd see a prominent warning.

So got to be something different. If you get this to happen again, that'd
be a case indeed. (And if it's something new that's something that we
would need to replicate here in the lab, so the more context details you
have around it, that might help this effort - the better).

kind regards,
andrew