[c-nsp] 12.2SB or 12.2SRC/SRD on 7200?

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Thu Dec 17 13:56:29 EST 2009

I'm enabling MPLS on a network that contains 7200VXR's with NPE-400s
that have PA-FE and IO-FE cards and are currently 12.4 mainline. 12.4
mainline does not support MTU > 1500 for FE interfaces on this
platform (CSCsc62963). I've had one box running SB stable for about
two months. I also tested 12.2SRC and 12.2SRD in dynamips and it is
supported there as well. I'm upgrading several other 7200s soon and am
wondering if there's any specific reasons not to just jump to the
latest SRD. These routers will all be doing BGP, OSPF and MPLS/VRF and
some will have IPv6. I've done a quick comparison of 12.2SB and
12.2SRD in feature navigator and am seeing pretty much what I
expected- more features. Thoughts?