[c-nsp] Any good Cisco (or other vendor) appliances for application server DDoS prevention?

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Mon Dec 21 14:39:39 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm currently searching for a firewall appliance which can also handle application server DDoS mitigation on a small scale (not network wide).

Does anyone know of anything like this from Cisco or any other vendor?

I'm aware of the 'huge' network wide products such as CiscoGuard, Arbor, etc but I am looking for something smaller scale, I just need to be able to put something in-line between the WAN and a group of servers that will look for things like 20 hosts on the net opening 1000s requests to the same URL.. etc

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks,
-Drew