[c-nsp] 6500 mGRE/DMVPN on VSS

Shine Joseph shinejoseph at dodo.com.au
Mon Dec 21 20:09:49 EST 2009

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has done mGRE/DMVPN on VSS switches. I am thinking of a solution with VSS at the access with Layer 3 and mGRE (30+) and VSS at Distribution/Core. When multiple mGREs are required, tunnel keys must be used to differntitate between the tunnels, with the same source interface for all tunnels. But, the GREs will be done in software when tunnel keys are used in 6500 and I do not want to do this.

Can someone sugegst any alternatives to mGRE/DMVPN? I know it is hard to sugegst something without more details/information.

Thanks in advance,
Shine