[c-nsp] What/where are the knobs on a 7600/Sup720?

Rick Ernst cnsp at shreddedmail.com
Tue Dec 22 09:43:25 EST 2009

I received my first 7600 (7609-S) with Sup720-3BXL for familiarization
today. The line cards are non-DFC. Previous IOS is on software platforms
such as the 7200 and 7500.

What are the additional buttons and knobs I should be looking for on the
Sup720?  The only one I've seen jump out on the list is carving up CEF space
for IPv4/v6.

The device role is pure core; glue multiple edge routers together, act as a
BGP RR server, and feed everything to the aggregation layer.  Netflow for
anomaly detection and uRPF for RTBH are also used. Current aggregate
utilization is less than 1Gbs (but it's really taxing the 7507s currently in
use).

Thanks,
Rick