[c-nsp] STM

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Dec 28 05:51:03 EST 2009

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, jack daniels wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm new into STM technologies. Request your help in guiding me how to enable
> STM card (divide timeslots for catering 155 E1's) on Cisco 7206 router.What
> is KLM ?

You only get 62 E1s out of channelized STM1 (or was it 63, I'm not sure).

> for configuring E1 for a customer from STM-1 , details I mentioned below are
> they enough -
>
> 1) clock will be obtained locally from STM card or from line/network.

Recommendation I've received from cisco is to take STM1 clock from SDH
network, but do "clock source internal" on the individual E1s, and then
you do "clock source line" on the CPE at the other end of the E1.

> 2) We need to have the details E1 allocated to customer belongs to which TUG
> , AU.

Yes, that's the hard part.

> 3)  what E1 time slots allocated for the customers  or E1 is unframmed

If you get this far, then it's the same as configuring an individual E1
interface when it comes to timeslots.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se