[c-nsp] vs wireless guest portal

Arne Larsen arl at nordicom.tele.dk
Mon Dec 28 10:03:17 EST 2009

Hi all

Can someone help me out here. I have a problem regarding wireless access
We are using WISM-modules on our wireless network and we are using the
WCS for management.
We have a guest-network that provides @-net access to the users via the
logon portal in the wlse solution.
My problem is we have some institutions that have patients that are so
handicapped that they can’t use a keyboard on a laptop the normal way.
They use various kinds of pads for accessing the computer, some also
have a wheel-chairs that can be tracked via our wireless network.
I would like to make an exception for all these users, but I’ll still
like to use the guest-network for this.
The people that have setup the wireless solution in the start have put
all SSID’s in the default group, which means if I put op and other open
SSID, this will be propagated in the hole network.
Is there a way to exclude networks, so if you are sitting on a specific
address you will be granted access with out hitting the portal.
Is there a script available that can do this on the laptop and if, how
does it work..
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

/Arne