[c-nsp] Stale tcp connection on FWSM

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at cisco.com
Tue Dec 29 11:07:15 EST 2009

Reducing the timeut most probably would not help in this case - the
counters for the connections are maintained in the session path, while the
connections themselves are in the fast path.

Give "show np all stats | inc Close" - if the sum of the first two
numbers is running ahead of the third number, then it's a result of the
oversubscription of the session path.

We've an enhancement request CSCsv60119 around a similar area
(embryonic connections counting) to get more resilient behaviour under
stress conditions - with the current code it's considered a limitation.

Maybe worth taking a closer look at what the overall CPS through the FWSM
is and whether it is a genuine oversubscription or there is something
other factor that influenced the traffic pattern. Depending on what your
historic monitoring data shows, it could be either.

thanks,
andrew