[c-nsp] Policers on 6500 Sup-32

Ian MacKinnon ian.mackinnon at lumison.net
Mon Feb 2 05:51:40 EST 2009

Hi Gergely,
Yes, I have the set this.

I did not before (several weeks ago), and was not seeing any traffic in
the policy-map.
I changed it and can now see traffic in the map :-
nbg01-agg-switch-01#sh policy-map interface vlan 666

  Vlan666

   Service-policy input: 2MegPolice

     class-map: class-default (match-any)
       Match: any
       police :
         2096000 bps 13000 limit 13000 extended limit
       Earl in slot 5 :
         82564118403 bytes
         5 minute offered rate 102792 bps
         aggregate-forwarded 82564118403 bytes action: transmit
         exceeded 0 bytes action: transmit
         aggregate-forward 9008 bps exceed 0 bps

   Service-policy output: 2MegPolice

     class-map: class-default (match-any)
       Match: any
       police :
         2096000 bps 13000 limit 13000 extended limit
       Earl in slot 5 :
         7733193350 bytes
         5 minute offered rate 11896 bps
         aggregate-forwarded 7733193350 bytes action: transmit
         exceeded 0 bytes action: transmit
         aggregate-forward 4568 bps exceed 0 bps

On 02/02/2009 10:50, Gergely Antal wrote:
> did you set qos to vlan based?
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1726124
>
> Ian MacKinnon wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am having an issue with policers on a 6500 not actually doing any
>> policing.  Running 12.2(33)SXH
>>
>> I have config like :-
>> interface Vlan666
>>    ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.252
>>    no ip redirects
>>    logging ip access-list cache out
>>    service-policy input 2MegPolice
>>    service-policy output 2MegPolice
>>
>> policy-map 2MegPolice
>>     class class-default
>>      police 2097000 13000    conform-action transmit     exceed-action
>> transmit     violate-action drop
>>
>> So I want to allow a burst and then drop the violate.
>>
>> A show policy-map interface does not show any exceed or violates.
>>
>> In mrtg I can see that more than 2Meg is being passed, even as much as
>> 40M, and I can see the traffic in the destination graphs as well.
>>
>> Anybody got this working, or seen issues like this?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ian
>>

>> --
>>
>> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
>> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
>> If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
>> offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
>> Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
>> presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not
>> necessarily represent those of Lumison and nPlusOne.
>> Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
>> presence of viruses.  Lumison and nPlusOne accept no liability for any
>> damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Ian MacKinnon
Lumison
t: 0845 1199 900
d: 0131 514 4055
P.S. Do you love Lumison?

p.s. Looking for remote access?
Chat to our team about our award winning broadband and VoIP solutions
for remote and home working, or visit www.lumison.net