[c-nsp] Fast UDLD timers in SXI?

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Tue Feb 3 17:49:49 EST 2009

Yup, that's exactly the situation.  STP will work around some of the
problem caused by this but if you are presenting an etherchannel over
multiple xconnects you can't pick up the link failure of part of the
etherchannel without UDLD.  We did some initial proof of concepts with
2900s running 2 second timers and it was great.  Imagine the look on
my face when we found out that 6500s don't have the functionality of a
$1,000 access switch .....

So, is the config option on SXI still 7 seconds at best?

Thanks

David