[c-nsp] Ring Protocol

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:06:35 EST 2009

I don't think Cisco currently have an 10G ethernet ring offer. It
might come up when REP (Resilient Ethernet Protocol) gets implemented
in the 6500 IOS. It was supposed to be on SXI, but that didn't happen.
If 2G is enough, ME-3400G-12CS-x with 4 SFP uplinks might do Gigabit
Etherchannel, perhaps ?

Outside of Cisco-land, Extreme, Foundry and Force 10 seems to have
currently shipping solutions.

Rubens