[c-nsp] OSPF and metrics

Ian MacKinnon ian.mackinnon at lumison.net
Wed Feb 4 06:37:12 EST 2009

Hi All,

I think my brain is misfiring today.

I am trying to provide some backup services between to gateway routers,
on one router I just have a simple route statetment, and on the second
router I have the same route with a metric on the end :-

router 1
     ip route 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.0.0.1
router 2
     ip route 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.2.0.01 666

ie router1 sends it via its connection, and router 2 is available when
the link from router 1 goes away

This is then redistributed into ospf on both router, both routers then
have the same neighbour upstream
  redistribute static metric-type 1 subnets

However when I look upstream I am not seeing the metric, and it is
choosing the router 2 route

What am I missing?

Thanks
Ian

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Lumison and nPlusOne.
presence of viruses.  Lumison and nPlusOne accept no liability for any