[c-nsp] VSS upgrade problems

oles at ovh.net oles at ovh.net
Wed Feb 4 06:38:08 EST 2009

> tried to upgrade from ip base 12.33SXI to ip services 12.33SXI. This
> 01:02:21: %RF-SW2_SP-5-RF_RELOAD: Peer reload. Reason: RF Client RFS
> RF(520) notification timeout

Hi,
I guest you have the problem I had with my (VSS/SXI) AND (a big setup
file, lot of ports, lot of port channels ...). I spent 3 nights looking
for a solution. If it's your problem, I found out this solution:
- shutdown all carts in the master (except sup720)
  "no power enable switch 1-2 module 1-4,6-9"
  you can leave slave with no changes
- then start the slave
- the sync of the setup between master/slave won't generate any "timeout"
- you can restart the cart again
  power enable switch 1-2 module 1-4,6-9
- all is working again

Once all is up:
- you have to add the new ports/new port channels with a "sleep 10"
  between every command (it allows the router to sync the setup
  between master/slave
- you can't touch any inter vlan XX, ip add XX YY. it creates a big
  timeout and the slave reload.

Cisco said me, this bug will be fixed in SXI1. 4 weeks ? I don't know.

Regards,
Octave