[c-nsp] Fast UDLD timers in SXI?

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Wed Feb 4 23:54:53 EST 2009

Hi

Good point.  I see CFM has been introduced in SXI.  But after wading
through the doco, particularly in the area of "Continuity Check
Messages" I see ....

-----
CFM CCMs have the following characteristics:

•Transmitted at a configurable periodic interval by MEPs. The interval
can be from 10 seconds to 65535 seconds, the default is 30.

•Contain a configurable hold-time value to indicate to the receiver
the validity of the message. The default is 2.5 times the transmit
interval.

-----

So I see we now have yet another protocol implementation that isn't
going to help us improve the availability of the networks we run.  10
second hello timers?  That's soooo 1980's.  :-)

According to feature navigator, the "UDLD Enhancements" feature which
I believe provides fast timers is available in SXH4 and SXI.  Our
boxes are SXF and SXH3.  Can someone with an SXI box check the
configuration range for

	(config)#udld message time ?
         <7-90> Time in seconds between sending of messages in steady
state

Thanks

David