[c-nsp] Use "plain old IP" for non-VRF traffic?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Feb 5 08:20:35 EST 2009

Phil Mayers <> wrote on Thursday, February 05, 2009 14:09:

> We have an MPLS L3VPN-based network, and I want to use plain-old IPv4
> (no labels) for the non-VRF traffic.
>
> The reason I want to do this is we're seeing a bug related to
> VACL-capture - packets whose next-hop is a label-imposition are not
> captured. I'm going to deal with that separately via TAC, but we need
> the VACL capture to work ASAP.

unless you are using BGP to carry IPv4 (plain old) prefixes, you can
limit label advertisements to your BGP next-hops (which advertise the
vpnv4 prefixes):

no mpls advertise-labels
mpls advertise-labels for PE-loopbacks
!
ip access-list standard PE-loopbacks
 permit <address> <wildcard>

strictly speaking you only need to do this on the router where you want
to use VACL, then the adjacent LSRs will pop their label towards this
node..

	oli