[c-nsp] learned routes disappear

Paul A razor at meganet.net
Fri Feb 6 11:27:59 EST 2009

Hi, I'm having a bgp issue I can't figure out and hoping someone has ran
into this.

I have two routers, router A and router B doing bgp.

Router A is advertising 5 routes to router B, when the session 1st comes up,
router B has 5 routes received from router A. After 1:15 min the learned
routes on router B disappear.

Router A

Learns the routes from one of my bgp customers.

neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx description xxx

 neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx update-source FastEthernet1/43

 neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx default-originate

 neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx prefix-list PxxPL-IN in

 neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx route-map PLIN in

 neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx filter-list 109 in

 neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx filter-list 2 out

 neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx remote-as xxx

 neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx update-source Loopback0

 neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx next-hop-self

it advertises them to the configured neighbor on router A

neighbor 216.xxx update-source Loopback0

 neighbor 216.xxx next-hop-self

 neighbor 216.xxx filter-list 1 in

 neighbor 216.xxx filter-list 1 out

If I clear the bpg session or when the session 1st comes up on router B, I
see the routes but then they disappear after 1:15 min.

Thanks PA