[c-nsp] EoMPLS - port mode to vlan mode

Laurent Geyer lgeyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:50:43 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Saku Ytti <saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi> wrote:
> On (2009-02-13 12:02 -0500), Laurent Geyer wrote:
>
>> Does anybody here happen to have any experience working with pseudo
>> wires that are port-tunneled on one side and vlan-tunneled on the
>> other? Having a bear of a time trying to figure out why I cannot pass
>
> You need to configure interworking. Instead of encap mpls,
> use pw-class foo and configure foo as ethernet interworking.

Ok, so ethernet interworking defines the pseudo wire type, you still
have to configure mpls encapsulation.

I can see why you would have to define that in a pseudo wire class,
but if you're configuring the encapsulation on an interface the VC
type should be implicit.

Any reason why you believe I need to use pseudo wire classes here?

- Laurent