[c-nsp] Load Balancing of Unequal Ethernet Bandwidth

Andy Saykao andy.saykao at staff.netspace.net.au
Mon Feb 16 01:39:29 EST 2009

Hi Ben,

When I googled around, there were many discussions abvout using the
variance command with eigrp but we don't run eigrp internally as our
IGP.

This is a typical setup where we need to upgrade some of our links, so
we might upgrade 50M on the second leg and end up with a situation where
the first leg is100M and the second leg is 150M. As you may know, some
providers aren't so flexible so you can't just upgrade 25M on each leg
because they increment by 50M per leg only. Hence my question if it was
possible to load balance across unequal ethernet circuits without buying
additional bandwidth for both circuits.

Thanks.

Andy