[c-nsp] 3/11 (invalid or corrupt AS path)

Joe Provo jzp-cnsp at rsuc.gweep.net
Mon Feb 16 13:07:19 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 06:14:08PM +0100, Grzegorz Janoszka wrote:
> Ozar wrote:
> >I am starting to see random BGP neighbor messages from multiple neighbors
> >on
> >different boxes.
> >
> >%BGP-3-NOTIFICATION: received from neighbor X.X.X.X 3/11 (invalid or
> >corrupt
> >AS path) 516 bytes
[snip]
> No, it is not software error, it is extremly long as-path:

The message itself, correct.  The flapping sessions observed on some
code, the long path is indeed triggering some bug. It is immaterial
if it is the revival of an ld bug or a new one, there are folks
flapping over this (and related) paths.  Providers without some level
of sanity filters (really need many-multiples the current diameter of
the net?) should be shamed into limiting their customer's prepends.

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE