[c-nsp] 6500 "Failed SCP dnld"

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Feb 17 07:12:09 EST 2009

All,

We recently did an RPR+ upgrade of a 6509e from SXF to SXI. One of the
linecards (in slot 1) didn't come back, reporting:

%ONLINE-SP-6-INITFAIL: Module 1: Failed to bring up DFC
%C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 1 set off (Module  Failed
SCP dnld)

That card worked in a different slot. A different card also failed in
slot 1.

So we assumed the chassis was bad; however this morning a cold reboot of
the entire chassis seems to have resolved the issue.

Should we be worried? It seems to pass the GOLD diags in that slot now.