[c-nsp] eBGP & backup static route

Timothy Arnold timothy.arnold at uksolutions.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 10:53:02 EST 2009

> don't think this will help as a locally-originated route is preferred
> over almost anything due to the higher weight (32768, if I recall
> correctly), so the eBGP path will not be installed (and would win over
> the static due to admin distance). you need to set the weight on the
> eBGP path to be the same (or higher) value or reduce it to zero (to
> match the eBGP path) when redistributing the static (not 100% sure if
> the latter works, I think it does)..

Setting the weight to 32768 has solved the problem. I'm going to try and set the weight to 0 on redistributed static routes as that would be a better approach for me!

Thanks
Tim

Timothy Arnold
Senior Engineer, Network & Security Group, UKSolutions

Telephone: 0845 004 1333, option 2
Email: timothy.arnold at uksolutions.co.uk
Web: http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/
UKS Ltd, Birmingham Road, Studley, Warwickshire, B80 7BG Registered in England Number 3036806
This email must be read in conjunction with the legal & service notices on http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/disclaimer