[c-nsp] Cat 2350 switches vs everything else

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Feb 17 15:41:33 EST 2009

Does anyone have any comparison docs that cover the new Cat 2350, 3560E
and 4948-10GE?  I mention those specifically since they all have 10G
support.  One nice thing I noted about the 2350 is that it has DC power
support.  I don't know if it has dual PSUs but at least it can run on
DC.  Prior to that the lowest DC switch I could get was a 4948 (old
2900s had DC options too I think but those are ancient).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10116/data_sheet_c78-521169.html

For those not wanting to follow the link, the 2350 supports the TwinGig
modules in the 10G bays just like the 3560E, 3750E, 4900M and the Sup6E
in the 4500s.  I also see jumbo frame support on the list.  All good so far.

Justin